About Us

At Easter 2009, Kev's beloved Carla passed away. On 1st June 2010 Kev Bellion, Steve Warner and Lee Connolly will attempt to cycle approx 1000 miles from Lands End to John O'Groats in just 11 days. The ride is dedicated to Carla's memory. The lads will try and raise as much money as possible for The Liverpool Womens Palliative Care Unit. To DONATE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON

Saturday 10 April 2010

Dulwich Paragon Cycling Club (Lee)


You boys are just too good, 50 milers one day, then the magical 100 miler.....leaves me feeling very nervous and so I think Steve you'll now be riding your old racer that I use for work and Kev, you'll be using a BMX come the ride in June. This I think will give us a level playing field which will mean I'll be able to keep up. Got out today with with the club. Gentle ride (average 16 MPH) for a couple of hours (3) with some nasty hills....obviously I was left behind again but I was better this week than last. I'm planning a big ride this Thursday, unfortunately on my own but I ned to get some miles in and see how I feel after a long, long ride. Hoping for Brighton and back but we'll see. My left leg is playing up having spent 40 years kicking a ball with that leg only. I'm receiving physio treatment at Crystal Palace Sports Centre with a fair amount of acupuncture so I hope it's doing some good. It was a lovely day today and I was over dressed for the ride so I may have to spend a few quid on some new summer kit even though I know we are due to get some soon, I can't keep riding in winter gear when the sun is cracking the flags. Well done both of you for that mammoth ride.......

1 comment: