About Us

At Easter 2009, Kev's beloved Carla passed away. On 1st June 2010 Kev Bellion, Steve Warner and Lee Connolly will attempt to cycle approx 1000 miles from Lands End to John O'Groats in just 11 days. The ride is dedicated to Carla's memory. The lads will try and raise as much money as possible for The Liverpool Womens Palliative Care Unit. To DONATE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON

Sunday 6 June 2010

Eze does it.....




As you have probably read I (Lee) have had to drop off the ride due to Eze being admitted to hospital with a suspected case of Ecoli. As Kev and Steve were riding off with the Cycling Club from Middleton's thismorning I was in hospital with Eze. The poor fella is not happy although the doctors have hopefully found the cause and the particular bug that has infected his system. It means he's going to be in hospital for a while as they treat it and see how he responds. I know Kev and Steve totally understand why I made this decision to drop off. My thoughts are with you boys. Here's a few photos I had on my camera. One enterting Wales at some point yesterday, or was it the day before? And another couple from the Seven Bridge. I'd like to add my thanks to my Dad and Jen for their support over the last 5 days. They are very much part of the team, and good luck Steve B, you've got some big boots to fill, but I've got no doubt you'll do it perfectly....especially the rubbing in of cream in delicate places. Good speed, stay mechanically sound and remember to do what Steve D suggested, look around and enjoy and if you can't whistle up hill you're working too hard. If Eze responds well, start looking over your shoulder for a bloke bent over the handle bars chasing you up the road.

2 comments:

  1. Hope Eze gets better soon mate. Great effort by all you guys. Sorry I missed you through Frodsham.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ruff luck Lee. Hope your lad is on the mend.
    all the best
    -ciaran

    ReplyDelete