About Us

At Easter 2009, Kev's beloved Carla passed away. On 1st June 2010 Kev Bellion, Steve Warner and Lee Connolly will attempt to cycle approx 1000 miles from Lands End to John O'Groats in just 11 days. The ride is dedicated to Carla's memory. The lads will try and raise as much money as possible for The Liverpool Womens Palliative Care Unit. To DONATE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON

Monday 22 February 2010

Energy crisis in South London

El took pity on me this Sunday, saying to get out on the bike and not to worry about being too far away in case the baby decided to arrive. For those not in the know, El is due to give birth, well was due to give birth last Wednesday but as yet, no sign of the little fella making an appearance. So off I went as usual heading for Richmond Park, the cycling mecca of green belt London. The thing was, which has been happening a lot, my legs felt like lead again and I couldn't really get going. I only did 35 miles but it felt like 70. I could put it down to over work, stress, lack of sleep, whatever, but that's just not the case. Who knows, but I struggled and by the time I was heading back to a more affable but less green part of London, i.e. our home, I was knackered. I reckon I need to do smaller rides more often instead of trying to go out and do loads of miles irrespective of how my body/head is feeling and so I've decided to buy a turbo trainer. This is because over the next 6 weeks it will be hard for me to get out at all but I can't let the northern alliance get too far ahead. Not sure which one to buy but I'm already formulating a plan to be able to watch the football, ride, and rock the baby to aleep all at the same time. Yeah right, like that's going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment