About Us

At Easter 2009, Kev's beloved Carla passed away. On 1st June 2010 Kev Bellion, Steve Warner and Lee Connolly will attempt to cycle approx 1000 miles from Lands End to John O'Groats in just 11 days. The ride is dedicated to Carla's memory. The lads will try and raise as much money as possible for The Liverpool Womens Palliative Care Unit. To DONATE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON

Tuesday 9 February 2010

Are we sure we are doing the right thing?


So I (Lee) went out again this weekend on my lonesome. Yes Billy no mates, but I did run into some guys from Dulwhich Paragon and so I'm going to take the plunge this Saturday and meet up with the 60 or so riders for my first group outing.....baby dependent of course.


This weekend I made the mistake of thinking I would go a long way from home therefore making sure that the return journey would build up the miles. So I headed out of London and into Kent, through lots of little villages, past a bloke with I shot JR on his T shirt before finally coming to rest at a little cafe called Rendevous.....surely I haven't crossed the channel and therefore in France but no I was still in Kent on a wet Sunday. 1/2 hour later I'm making my way back when I realise perhaps I should have taken something to eat. 3 hours into the ride and I'm a goner. I can hardly peddle. Idiot or what, even after I've been told the importance of fuel all I've had is a little snack bar and some water. The last few miles were torture, so lesson learned for next week when I'm out with the proper cyclists.

1 comment:

  1. Well done Lee,going it alone is not easy,but you have to make hay when the sun shines as the saying goes,when baby arrives you may have your wings clipped for a short time.Thanks for giving Kev your tremendous support Carla would be proud of you.Keep up the good work.
    Ronnie (Kevs Mum)x

    ReplyDelete