About Us

At Easter 2009, Kev's beloved Carla passed away. On 1st June 2010 Kev Bellion, Steve Warner and Lee Connolly will attempt to cycle approx 1000 miles from Lands End to John O'Groats in just 11 days. The ride is dedicated to Carla's memory. The lads will try and raise as much money as possible for The Liverpool Womens Palliative Care Unit. To DONATE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON

Sunday 7 February 2010

Weather has allowed back to back ride weekend up North




Afraid I opted for (not demoted to, may I add) the B riders route today. Went out with a totally different bunch of lads from H Middleton CC than on the Chipping run the other week. Great bunch of lads again today and a superb route (Thanks for leading it Mike and Steve Diesel). Was a bit lumpy and tough in parts and managed to step the average speed up a bit (despite the climbs). It's amazing how many riders I saw out today, several clubs and lots of small groups. Weather was a bit chilly and patches of fog at the start of the ride, but it warmed up and cleared. There were several very interesting bikes parked outside the cafe today, collectors items, some sort of vintage bike club. Either that or the service was so slow that they had been waiting there for over 100 years! Will post the old bike pics on once I have taken them off my phone. Pleased to clock 50.6 miles (note the 0.6 Lee) and a most enjoyable ride.
Went out with Kev for a swift 25 yesterday, 'pea souper' and so bad in places that I took a few wrong turnings due to the poor visibility (that's my excuse anyway). I actually had my first spill climbing Hunters Hill (it was not as a result of exhastion, although I was zig zagging a bit), hit a patch of ice and my front wheel went for pies. Managed to get my feet out and save my bike getting scuffed, but laddered my tights. Now I know how frustrating it must be for women. We stepped on it coming bak so we could get back for the Derby. Don't know why we bothered!!!! Once Fellaini was kicked off the park we lost our control of midfield and never really got going again. I reckon the Fat Spanish Waiter will keep his job, which is good news for us blues. Long may Rafa reign!

No comments:

Post a Comment